AVT Composite Valves
Shipham Valves is one of the longest established and most highly respected valve manufacturers in the world, with a global reputation for excellence in product design, quality, reliability and the highest levels of customer service. Shipham’s leadership in the manufacture of valves for corrosive applications was further enhanced in 2008 with the acquisition of Advanced Valve Technologies (AVT).
The AVT product range includes ball and butterfly valves manufactured using reinforced composite technology which offers outstanding internal & external corrosion resistance and significant weight savings over equivalent metallic valves.
Reinforced Composite Technology applied to fluid handling and control
Key benefits of reinforced composites:
- Outstanding internal and external corrosion resistance -eliminating the need for external coatings and protective linings
- Up to 60% weight saving - leading to a very significant reduction of handling, installation and delivery costs
- Very low thermal conductivity - eliminating the need for lagging leading to further cost savings
- Reduced torque - leading to lower costs of actuation
- Total lifecycle - cost savings against metal valves can be up to 90%
- Reliable, short leadtimes - eliminating project over
Butterfly Valves - Corrosion resistant, high performance, firesafe API 607 (optional)
Ball Valves - Corrosion resistant,firesafe (optional) full port ball valves
Ball Valves - Corrosion resistant, firesafe (optional)regular (reduced) port ball valves
Wafer Check Valves - Corrosion resistant, two piece, fully composite with integral hinge and no metallic parts
Shipham Valves’ range of Ball, Butterfly and Wafer Check Valves are suitable for use in harsh environments and for the applications as listed, and up to the maximum recommended temperatures and pressures.